- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 18 paper liners
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temp, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup plus 2 TBS sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries or 1 1/2 cups nuts, toasted and finely chopped.
- To make the streusel, in a large bowl,stir together melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Mixture should clump and form crumbs when squeezed between fingertips. Set aside.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Place paper liners in wells of one 12-cup and one 6-cup cupcake tin.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat butter until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar gradually beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl once or twice.
- Beat in extracts.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down after each addition, allowing each egg to be absorbed before continuing.
- Add the flour mixture in 4 additions, alternately with the sour cream. Begin and end with the flour mixture, stopping when there are still a few streaks of flour.
- Fold in the fruit and/or nuts, if using, until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake wells.
- Place generous amount of streusel on top of each cupcake, using fingers to compress it into crumbs and to scatter it evenly.
- Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center shows a few moist crumbs.
- Cool pans on rack for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Tip: If you leave out the fruit/nuts, begin checking for doneness after 18 minutes.
NotesI found this recipe in A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes. Can't wait to try.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More