(makes 12 servings)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 cups all purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
2 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 large egg
½ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup light brown sugar
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, melted
powdered sugar to taste for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, the granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, canola oil, and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and spread into pan (you might want to grease your spatula). Set aside.
4. In another large bowl, whisk together remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon (and allspice, if using). Pour melted butter over flour mixture, and stir with a rubber spatula until large crumbs form. Spread evenly over batter in pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
5. Bake at 325F for 25-30 minutes, rotating once, until a tester comes out clean.
Pairs Well With
I found this on a food community and thought it looked good!