- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250g / 1/2 pound flour
- 25g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yeast
- 200g / 0.4 pound milk
- 200g / 0.4 pound water
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Heat the milk and water and pour them slowly over the flour mix, stirring.
- Stir until the mix is smooth and leave 1 hour to rise till double in a warm place.
- Heat a slightly greased frying pan over medium heat.
- Place two baking rings about 3in in diametre and fill them with 2 spoons of mix.
- As soon as the bottom is done, remove the rings, removing the mix from the sides with a spatula. Let the crumpets cook until the surface is dry (5 to 10 mins), then turn them and cook for another minute.
- Serve with honey, suar, jam or even smoked salmon, salmon eggs, etc...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More