- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115°F)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk [scalded (180°F), then cooled]
- 1 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- Prime the yeast + water + sugar first and set aside.
- Heat the milk 180°F.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the milk: margarine (melted), flour, egg, salt.
- Then I let it sit for a bit and worked on something else.
- The milk was taking forever to cool so I mixed up what was in the bowl and ended up with a semi-thick cookie-like batter.
- When the milk reached around 123°F, I mixed it in.
- Stirring until I had a thick, smooth kind of pancake batter.
- Cover and let it rise for 45 minutes. (When you take it out it should look alive, ie., bubbly and bigger.)
- Heat oil in big frying pan.
- Grease the pancake rings.
- Set rings in pan.
- Pour about 2 Tbsp batter into each ring using a big ladle.
- Cook until tops form bubbles and bottoms are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove rings; turn crumpets to brown other sides, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with rest of batter, greasing rings each time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More