CRUNCHY BISCUIT FISHWICHES WITH SPICY CHILE MAYONNAISE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 sandwiches
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 8 breaded frozen fish fillets
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons hot picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- 2. In small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and lemon-pepper seasoning. Roll each biscuit in Parmesan mixture to completely coat. Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet. Sprinkle any remaining cheese mixture over tops of biscuits. Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden.
- 3. Place fish fillets on cookie sheet. Bake as directed on package.
- 4. In small bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, picante sauce, chili powder and green chiles. To assemble sandwiches, slice each biscuit in half crosswise. Place 1 fish fillet on bottom half of each biscuit. Top each fish fillet with about 3 tablespoons cabbage and about 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture. Top with remaining biscuit half. Serve immediately.
NotesThis is the recipe I entered in the Pillsbury BakeOff Monthy Recipe Challenge for September. It was selected as one of ten to be voted on. Alas, it didn't win. But we still love it at our house!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More