- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 2 large egg(s), divided into yolks and whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 2 sheets of nonstick aluminum foil in bottom and up sides of a 9- X 9-inch baking pan (or place regular foil in pan and coat it with cooking spray).
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa together in a medium bowl.
- Cream granulated sugar and cream cheese together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating until fully combined; mix in vanilla.
- Slowly blend flour mixture with cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks begin to form; fold egg whites into brownie mix and then spread brownie batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine cereal, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle on top of brownies. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake just until center sets, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into 12 pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More