- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 2 large egg(s), divided into yolks and whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 2 sheets of nonstick aluminum foil in bottom and up sides of a 9- X 9-inch baking pan (or place regular foil in pan and coat it with cooking spray).
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa together in a medium bowl.
- Cream granulated sugar and cream cheese together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating until fully combined; mix in vanilla.
- Slowly blend flour mixture with cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks begin to form; fold egg whites into brownie mix and then spread brownie batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine cereal, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle on top of brownies. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake just until center sets, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into 12 pieces.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More