- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- ½ quart liquid eggs (or 12 eggs, whisked)
- ½ quart skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 box corn flakes, crushed lightly
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Confectioners' sugar, if desired
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar together and set aside.
- Lightly crush cereal in its bag then pour into a bowl.
- Take a slice of bread and dip into egg mixture, then cover bread with cereal crumbs.
- Set aside on a sheet tray.
- Do this process until all the bread is coated.
- Get your grill or pan hot.
- Pour a little oil, about 1 teaspoon, on grill and place a slice of bread on top.
- Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Slice toast in half and serve with sliced bananas and strawberries on top.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Can use almond extract instead of vanilla extract.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More