- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 or 3 slices of bread, cut into quarters
- 1 cup cornflake cereal
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 drops of vanilla
- Butter and pancake syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Put the bread pieces on a lined baking sheet into the warming oven (it does not need to be at full temperature) to toast lightly for 5 minutes. Cool the bread completely.
- Seal the cornflakes in a heavy plastic bag. Crush them with a rolling pin to the size of rolled oats. Pour into a pie pan or a shallow dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to mix the eggs, milk, flour and vanilla until blended. Be sure there are no lumps of unmixed flour. Pour into a pie pan or shallow dish. In batches, lay the bread pieces in the egg mix. Soak about 1 minute on each side in the egg mixture. Be careful not to rip the bread.
- Place the bread pieces in the cornflake crumbs. Coat both sides with the crumbs. Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes on one side. Then flip over with tongs or a spatula and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, until the crumbs begin to turn brown. Eat warm with butter and pancake syrup.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Adventures in Cooking
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More