- Cooking Time: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg; beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface.
- Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired.
NotesThese Gingerbread Men Cookies are as cute as can be. If desired, decorate with raisins, currants or cinnamon red hot candies for eyes and buttons. Or, pipe untinted or Colorful Royal Icing onto cookies. These gingerbread cookies are crunchy not chewy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More