- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup freshly orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- 1 1/4 cups rhubarb, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350̊ F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or use liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, the sugar, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt. Whisk to blend and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, the egg white, the oil, the applesauce, the juice and the zest. Mix until well combined. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the rhubarb.
- Divide the batter, evenly, between the prepared muffin cups. Scatter pecans over each muffin.
- Bake until the muffin tops are golden and a tester, inserted into the center of the muffin, comes out mostly clean. (A few crumbs still attached to the tester is ok). Remove pan from oven, set pan (with muffins) on a rack and cool for 20 minutes. Remove muffins to the rack and cool completely.
- Spring is here and so is the new crop of rhubarb. These muffins are not ubusual but they are good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More