- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe church I work for serves a meal for the less fortunate once a week. When this side was served, there were no "thirds". (We did multiply this recipe many times over, of course.)
- 1 16 oz. bag slaw mix/shredded cabbage mix
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup salted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 package uncooked Ramen noodles
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet dry mix from noodles
- Mix together salad ingredients but not Ramen Noodles.
- Pour liquid mixture over first five ingredients and mix one hour before serving.
- Add smashed Ramen noodles just before serving and mix.