- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 medium-ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 8 six-in. taco shells
- Step 1
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and stir until it softens. Add the ground beef (or ground turkey) and sauté for three minutes.
- Step 2
- Add the tomato, green pepper, and garlic. Cook for another three minutes, then lower the heat. Add the salsa, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer for five minutes.
- Step 3
- Place all the taco garnishes (chopped tomato, cheese, and lettuce) in separate bowls and place them on the dinner table.
- Step 4
- Fill each taco shell with 1/3 of a cup of the beef mixture and line them up on a platter.
- Step 5
- Everyone can now top their own taco with piles of their favorite garnishes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More