- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCoarsely ground wasabi peas are used as crumbs. The crunchy texture and the hint of wasabi along with lime zest compliments each other rather well.
- 3/4 cup wasabi peas (about 3 ounces)
- 4 (8-ounce) salmon fillets with skin (each about 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blend wasabi peas in processor until ground but with some coarsely crushed pieces.
- Lightly oil rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle fish with salt.
- Press ground wasabi peas onto tops of salmon fillets to adhere, covering tops completely.
- Sprinkle grated lime peel over salmon; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Roast salmon just until opaque in center, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer salmon fillet to plate.
- Drizzle with lime juice.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve with steamed jasmine rice.