- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups dry black beans
- 7 to 8 cups of water
- 2 onions, pure, pureed in food processor
- 1 green pepper, pureed in food processor
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup white or red wine
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (any type is fine)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pressure cooker cook the beans and water until done. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pot, over medium to high heat, sauté onions, green pepper and garlic with olive oil for approximately five minutes. Add bean and all of the remaining ingredients. Simmer for a minimum of one hour. Seasonings may be adjusted to taste.
- You may also use canned black beans (with the liquid) to save time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More