- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups dry black beans
- 7 to 8 cups of water
- 2 onions, pure, pureed in food processor
- 1 green pepper, pureed in food processor
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano (or more to taste)
- ¼ cup white or red wine
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (any type is fine)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pressure cooker cook the beans and water until done. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pot, over medium to high heat, sauté onions, green pepper and garlic with olive oil for approximately five minutes. Add bean and all of the remaining ingredients. Simmer for a minimum of one hour. Seasonings may be adjusted to taste.
- You may also use canned black beans (with the liquid) to save time.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More