- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of Cuban Mojito simmering sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a ziploc bag, add chicken breast, simmering sauce and chopped green chilies.
- Allow chicken to marinate for overnight.
- Grill chicken in a grill pan, grill, George Foreman or panini grill until cooked through.
- To make rice, combine hot cooked rice, corn, beans, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Toss until fully incorporated.
- Serve chicken over a bed of the rice.
Notestonight I made dinner at home using a Trader Joe's simmering sauce called "Cuban Mojito." Trader Joe's captured the flavors of a mojito in a simmering sauce. I used this sauce as a marinade rather than a sauce for my chicken to simmer in.
Here's the recipe for my Cuban Mojito Chicken with cilantro black bean & corn rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More