- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of Cuban Mojito simmering sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a ziploc bag, add chicken breast, simmering sauce and chopped green chilies.
- Allow chicken to marinate for overnight.
- Grill chicken in a grill pan, grill, George Foreman or panini grill until cooked through.
- To make rice, combine hot cooked rice, corn, beans, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Toss until fully incorporated.
- Serve chicken over a bed of the rice.
Notestonight I made dinner at home using a Trader Joe's simmering sauce called "Cuban Mojito." Trader Joe's captured the flavors of a mojito in a simmering sauce. I used this sauce as a marinade rather than a sauce for my chicken to simmer in.
Here's the recipe for my Cuban Mojito Chicken with cilantro black bean & corn rice.