- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup watercress, for garnish
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar.
- Add pork and let it sit and marinate for about 1 hour in refrigerator.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and continue to cook until garlic begins to brown.
- Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and white wine.
- Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced and begins to thicken.
- The chops should be cooked through.
- Remove the chops from pan and put on a warm plate.
- Continue to reduce juices in pan by half.
- Pour over the chops and serve immediately.
- Garnish with watercress, tomatoes and avocado.
NotesHubby and I were watching Guys big bite on food network and he asked if I would make these. They were very good. We made them with Sofrito Mashed Potatoes that he made with them on the show, which i will be posting too, cuz the were delish as well
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Nick's PicksSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More