- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup watercress, for garnish
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar.
- Add pork and let it sit and marinate for about 1 hour in refrigerator.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and continue to cook until garlic begins to brown.
- Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and white wine.
- Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced and begins to thicken.
- The chops should be cooked through.
- Remove the chops from pan and put on a warm plate.
- Continue to reduce juices in pan by half.
- Pour over the chops and serve immediately.
- Garnish with watercress, tomatoes and avocado.
NotesHubby and I were watching Guys big bite on food network and he asked if I would make these. They were very good. We made them with Sofrito Mashed Potatoes that he made with them on the show, which i will be posting too, cuz the were delish as well
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More