Cuban Pork Roast
5 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons salt
12 whole black peppercorns
2 cups orange juice, divided
4 to 5 pound rib-end pork loin roast
½ cup lemon juice
1. Combine first ingredients in a food processor; finely chop. Add ½ cup of the orange juice to the food
2. Deeply pierce roast all over. Put roast in a Dutch oven and rub with garlic and orange juice mixture;
cover and let stand for a minimum of 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Pour remaining 1½ cups of orange juice and the lemon juice around the roast (not over it); cover and
bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, basting 2 to 3 times with juice from around roast. Transfer roast to baking
sheet (reserve pan drippings).
5. Increase oven to 400 degrees and place baking sheet with roast into oven; bake, uncovered, for 30
minutes. Remove roast from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
6. Bring pan juices in Dutch oven to a boil and reduce to 1 cup (it will thicken).
7. Carve meat and serve with sauce.