- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Red-Onion Mojo
- * 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- * 2 very large red onions, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- * 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- * 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and translucent but not brown, about 10 minutes (Can be prepared ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over medium heat before continuing).
- 2. Add lime juice to onions and simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove onions from heat.
- Stir in cilantro leaves.
- This makes a lot of food; often times I'll cut the recipe in half.
- And I don't keep pickling spice on hand, either; if you don't have it, the steaks will still taste great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLI
Banana TrifleSee More