- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Red-Onion Mojo
- * 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- * 2 very large red onions, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- * 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- * 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and translucent but not brown, about 10 minutes (Can be prepared ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over medium heat before continuing).
- 2. Add lime juice to onions and simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove onions from heat.
- Stir in cilantro leaves.
- This makes a lot of food; often times I'll cut the recipe in half.
- And I don't keep pickling spice on hand, either; if you don't have it, the steaks will still taste great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More