- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Red-Onion Mojo
- * 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- * 2 very large red onions, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- * 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- * 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and translucent but not brown, about 10 minutes (Can be prepared ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over medium heat before continuing).
- 2. Add lime juice to onions and simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove onions from heat.
- Stir in cilantro leaves.
- This makes a lot of food; often times I'll cut the recipe in half.
- And I don't keep pickling spice on hand, either; if you don't have it, the steaks will still taste great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More