- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Rest of the other ingredients:
- * 1/2 lb fully cooked Spanish Chorizo or Portuguese Linguica sausage links, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- * 2 cups finely chopped onions
- * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- * 2 cups rice
- * 2 1/2 cups (or more) low sodium chicken broth
- * 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- * 2 tsp sweet paprika
- * 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in heavy large wide skillet over meduim heat.
- Add sausage and saute until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to medium bowl and increase heat to medium high.
- Add in the chicken, skin side down.
- Brown chicken in batches.
- Saute chicken until brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate.
- Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the fat from the sausage and chicken rendering and discard excess fat.
- Add the chopped onions and saute for about 3-4 minutes, scrapping up any browned bits.
- Add in garlic and saute for another 2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Mix in rice and saffron, stirring to blend. Add in the broth, tomatoes with any juice, paprika and the reserved marinade.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken, sausage and any accumulated juices to the pan, pressing the chicken partially into the rice mixture.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if rice is dry and cook for about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
- ps: The chicken is just as good grilled as a main dish by itself.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Get Fit With Good Food!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More