- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Rest of the other ingredients:
- * 1/2 lb fully cooked Spanish Chorizo or Portuguese Linguica sausage links, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- * 2 cups finely chopped onions
- * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- * 2 cups rice
- * 2 1/2 cups (or more) low sodium chicken broth
- * 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- * 2 tsp sweet paprika
- * 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in heavy large wide skillet over meduim heat.
- Add sausage and saute until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to medium bowl and increase heat to medium high.
- Add in the chicken, skin side down.
- Brown chicken in batches.
- Saute chicken until brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate.
- Reserve about 3 tablespoons of the fat from the sausage and chicken rendering and discard excess fat.
- Add the chopped onions and saute for about 3-4 minutes, scrapping up any browned bits.
- Add in garlic and saute for another 2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Mix in rice and saffron, stirring to blend. Add in the broth, tomatoes with any juice, paprika and the reserved marinade.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken, sausage and any accumulated juices to the pan, pressing the chicken partially into the rice mixture.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if rice is dry and cook for about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
- ps: The chicken is just as good grilled as a main dish by itself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More