- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 beef cube steaks
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup Italian seasoning flavored breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil (about 3 tablespoons)
- Cut the cube steaks into bite size pieces (the smaller the better).
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Pour the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl. Dip the meat pieces into the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and brown the breaded meat pieces. Don't worry about cooking it through at this point. Don't overcrowd the pan with too many pieces at a time.
- Remove the meat from the pan once it browns.
- When all the meat is done, loosen any bits of meat and breadcrumbs that are left in the oil.
- Add the can of tomato sauce to the pan with the oil. Add 1 cup of water. Stir in the oregano, garlic powder, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Return the meat to the sauce and lower the heat.
- Allow it to simmer for about 2 hours on low heat, adding water to the pan whenever it cooks down. Cook until the meat is tender.
- Serve with either egg noodles or rice.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More