- Cooking Time: 150
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 beef cube steaks
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup Italian seasoning flavored breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil (about 3 tablespoons)
- Cut the cube steaks into bite size pieces (the smaller the better).
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Pour the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl. Dip the meat pieces into the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and brown the breaded meat pieces. Don't worry about cooking it through at this point. Don't overcrowd the pan with too many pieces at a time.
- Remove the meat from the pan once it browns.
- When all the meat is done, loosen any bits of meat and breadcrumbs that are left in the oil.
- Add the can of tomato sauce to the pan with the oil. Add 1 cup of water. Stir in the oregano, garlic powder, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Return the meat to the sauce and lower the heat.
- Allow it to simmer for about 2 hours on low heat, adding water to the pan whenever it cooks down. Cook until the meat is tender.
- Serve with either egg noodles or rice.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Decadent Desserts Made From
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More