- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 - 4 to 6 ounce beef cubed steaks
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- In a 12-inch skillet melt butter over medium-high heat until butter sizzles. Add steaks; reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until done (160 degrees F.), turning once.
- Remove meat, reserve drippings in skillet.
- For sauce, cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, paprika, and pepper in reserved drippings in skillet until mushrooms are tender. Stir in broth. Stir together sour cream and flour; stir into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Return steaks to skillet with sauce; heat through.
- Serve with noodles.
NotesA friend of mine, Grace (gaudrey) gave me a tip about getting cube steaks tender and that was to soak them in buttermilk. I soaked the steaks about 1 hour before I started cooking them. This is a delicious dish, creamy and very tasty! Recipe from Pamiam12 @ About.com/Home Cooking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More