- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cucumbers, peeled or not, to taste and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Pour water, vinegar and sugar into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring just until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in dill and garlic.
- In a non-reactive dish, place cucumber slices and onions.
- Pour liquid over them.
- Cover tightly.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
NotesThis is a salad I made as an attempt to resemble a delicious salad my dad used to bring home from the kosher deli when I was a child.
This recipe is better if made a day ahead. Keeps for 7 - 10 days in the fridge and will serve 4-6 people.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More