- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1 bowl to share!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus overnigh
- 16 oz plain yogurt
- cheese cloth
- 2 tsp salt (more less to taste)
- 2-3 small pickling cucumbers seeded
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 splash to 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed and chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- Put yogurt in fine mesh cheese cloth and strain over container to catch liquid. Place yogurt in refrigerator overnight. Cut, seed, and dice cucumbers then salt lightly. Place cucumbers in fridge overnight. On second day combine yogurt and cucumbers, add oil and pressed garlic. Add lemon juice to flavor. Minced dill may be added for garnish.
NotesMy twist on a common dip. Growing up my mom and I loved going to Greek Town and ordering this dip. She developed this recipe from our favorite restaurant. It makes really tasty dip/sauce. The hard part is getting the dip thick enough for dipping. The process involves some work as noted. Using Greek yogurt is helpful but we made it using plain yogurt and straining it with cheesecloth. That is part of the process!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More