CUCUMBER GARLIC DIP (SAGEKI)
Cucumber Garlic Dip (Sageki)
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 1 bowl to share!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus overnigh
- 16 oz plain yogurt
- cheese cloth
- 2 tsp salt (more less to taste)
- 2-3 small pickling cucumbers seeded
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 splash to 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed and chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh dill
Put yogurt in fine mesh cheese cloth and strain over container to catch liquid. Place yogurt in refrigerator overnight. Cut, seed, and dice cucumbers then salt lightly. Place cucumbers in fridge overnight. On second day combine yogurt and cucumbers, add oil and pressed garlic. Add lemon juice to flavor. Minced dill may be added for garnish.