- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 cups chopped peeled cucumber
- 4 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 green onion, white and 1 inch of green, chopped (you could also use 1/8-1/4 of a storage onion)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, plus a few extra for garnish
- 3 Tbsp avocado or macadamia oil
- 1 handful finely chopped macadamia nuts or pistachios
- 1. In a blender, add 3 cups each of cucumber and chopped pineapple. Add pineapple juice, jalapeño pepper, green onion, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Add the remaining 1 cup of cucumber and pineapple, the cilantro and 1 1/2 Tbsp of oil. Pulse the blender quickly a few times- the gazpacho should remain chunky. Taste for seasoning. If you have time, place the soup in the refrigerator to chill or serve immediately.
- 3. To serve: Add the macadamia nuts to the gazpacho and stir to distribute them evenly. Divide among bowls and drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp oil. Garnish with coriander.
NotesGazpachos are raw vegetable soups served cold. Traditionally from Spain and made with tomatoes, here's a recipe that uses cucumbers. Nadia, our 2014 summer intern, shared with us at the farm. It's really good and refreshing so we thought we'd share the recipe. You can easily do a half recipe if you want it just want the soup as a small appetizer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More