- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fresh green onion chopped (or 1 medium onion chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream (you can use reduced or fat free)
- Peel and slice the cucumbers as thin as you can.
- The thinner the better.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl and salt generously.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Using your hands squeeze out as much juice from the cucumbers as you can. Dispose of any drained juice. Add the green onion. Add pepper to taste. Stir in the sour cream, and serve.
NotesThis is a popular Polish salad called Miseria. It goes great with chicken or pork dishes, but is tasty on its own.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More