- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 C boiling white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- Wash cucumbers.
- Thinly slice without paring into wide-mouth quart jar to nearly fill.
- Pour on sufficient boiling vinegar to cover.
- Add salt and peppercorns.
- Cover and gently shake to distribute seasonings.
- Let stand one month or longer.
- Allow to settle and pour clear liquid into sterilized bottles.
NotesFrom Jean Lesem’s The Pleasures of Preserving and Pickling (Alfred A. Knopf).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More