- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 C boiling white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- Wash cucumbers.
- Thinly slice without paring into wide-mouth quart jar to nearly fill.
- Pour on sufficient boiling vinegar to cover.
- Add salt and peppercorns.
- Cover and gently shake to distribute seasonings.
- Let stand one month or longer.
- Allow to settle and pour clear liquid into sterilized bottles.
NotesFrom Jean Lesem’s The Pleasures of Preserving and Pickling (Alfred A. Knopf).
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More