- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 C boiling white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- Wash cucumbers.
- Thinly slice without paring into wide-mouth quart jar to nearly fill.
- Pour on sufficient boiling vinegar to cover.
- Add salt and peppercorns.
- Cover and gently shake to distribute seasonings.
- Let stand one month or longer.
- Allow to settle and pour clear liquid into sterilized bottles.
NotesFrom Jean Lesem’s The Pleasures of Preserving and Pickling (Alfred A. Knopf).
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More