- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled cucumbers (about 4 medium)
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup sugar- or less (to taste)
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 large pinches of salt
- A bit of mint (optional)
- A few additional ice cubes (optional)
- Combine 2 1/4 cups chopped cucumbers, 2 cups water, 1 cup ice cubes, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup lime juice, and 1 pinch of salt in blender.
- Blend until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth but slushy, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to pitcher.
- Repeat with remaining chopped cucumbers, 2 cups water, 1 cup ice cubes, sugar, lime juice, and salt.
- Place additional ice cubes in 8 glasses. Fill with cucumber drink. Add a few cucumber slices and/or mint leaves (if using).
NotesI discovered this refreshing drink while working in Mexico almost a decade ago. This is the recipe that was taught to me- you can use less sugar if you want and/or you can add a little mint. FYI, I often make half batches if I only have 2 cucumbers.