- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 450 g / 1 lb cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil(vegetable oil is fine)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- (optional) chili flakes to taste
- Slice the cucumbers in half lengthways and, using a spoon, remove any seeds. Cut the cucumber halves into 7.5 cm X 12-mm / 3 x 1/2-in
- Combine the cucumber pieces with salt and allow to sit in a colander set inside a bowl for 10 minutes.
- Rinse them in cold water, blot them
- dry and toss with the sugar and vinegar.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot and add the oil, garlic, and chili flakes.
- Stir-fry for 15 seconds until it is lightly brown.
- Mix with the cucumbers and serve
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More