- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 450 g / 1 lb cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil(vegetable oil is fine)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- (optional) chili flakes to taste
- Slice the cucumbers in half lengthways and, using a spoon, remove any seeds. Cut the cucumber halves into 7.5 cm X 12-mm / 3 x 1/2-in
- Combine the cucumber pieces with salt and allow to sit in a colander set inside a bowl for 10 minutes.
- Rinse them in cold water, blot them
- dry and toss with the sugar and vinegar.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot and add the oil, garlic, and chili flakes.
- Stir-fry for 15 seconds until it is lightly brown.
- Mix with the cucumbers and serve
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
CustomFit Clean & Tasty
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More