- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10–12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pea-size pieces
- 1 cup currants or your favorite fruit
- 1 lg egg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sanding sugar, optional
- 2 tbsp melted butter, optional
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Take cold cut up butter and add to dry ingredients.
- Work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles a crumbly meal.
- Next add currants and toss.
- Mix together egg and heavy cream and add to the dry
- Mix all together but do not over mix.
- Knead the dough until it comes together.
- Note: do not over-knead, it will become tough.
- Next turn dough onto floured board, table, etc.
- Roll dough to ½" thick.
- Using cookie cutter about 2"–2½" round, or any shape you like, cut and put on sheet pan; do not butter the pan or use any spray at this point.
- Optional - once on cookie sheet sprinkle with sanding sugar or once they are done brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn around, then bake for another 10 minutes.
- You can sprinkle with powdered sugar after they have cooled.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More