- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3 TB extra-virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Sweet onion
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 TB Curry Powder (Your Choice)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 lbs Turban Squash peeled, seeded, and sliced thin
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 1 lb Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat, heat olive till just smoking.
- Add onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add garlic, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper; cook about 45 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add squash, chicken broth, water, and apples.
- Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor, in batches, and transfer back into soup pot, or utlize a stick blender.
- Stir in Heavy Cream.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- You may be refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, warm over low heat, stirring until hot.
- Remove from heat and serve in soup bowls.
- Top with a swirl of Sour Cream or Crème Fraîche and chopped chives.
NotesThis is just as good with Butternut Squash and yes, you can use an actual Sugar Pumpkin as well but I find it to be too sweet for my taste.
Choose your curry, be it Thai Red or Green; Indian Curry or Moroccan Ras Al Hanout. Personally, I like Indian Curry powder (Yellow) for this... But Ras al Hanout is good too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More