- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 3 TB extra-virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Sweet onion
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 TB Curry Powder (Your Choice)
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 lbs Turban Squash peeled, seeded, and sliced thin
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 1 lb Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat, heat olive till just smoking.
- Add onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add garlic, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper; cook about 45 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add squash, chicken broth, water, and apples.
- Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor, in batches, and transfer back into soup pot, or utlize a stick blender.
- Stir in Heavy Cream.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- You may be refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, warm over low heat, stirring until hot.
- Remove from heat and serve in soup bowls.
- Top with a swirl of Sour Cream or Crème Fraîche and chopped chives.
NotesThis is just as good with Butternut Squash and yes, you can use an actual Sugar Pumpkin as well but I find it to be too sweet for my taste.
Choose your curry, be it Thai Red or Green; Indian Curry or Moroccan Ras Al Hanout. Personally, I like Indian Curry powder (Yellow) for this... But Ras al Hanout is good too.
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More