- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- For Australian Lamb Chops:
- • 1 tbsp. curry powder
- • 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- • 2 tbsp. honey
- • 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- • 4 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- • 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- • 2 tbsp. chopped garlic plus 2 small cloves garlic
- • 1 small red onion, minced
- • 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. canola oil
- • 2 half-racks of lamb, approximately 2 lbs. total weight, split, cut into 16 single-chops each (Ask your butcher to do this).
- • Salt
- For Anchovy Caper Aioli:
- • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- • 1/2 tbsp. minced anchovies
- • 1/2 tbsp. minced caper
- • 1/4 tbsp. garlic
- • 1/2 tsp. Tabasco
- • 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Put the curry, mustard, honey, cayenne, 3 tbsp. lemon juice, vinegar, and chopped garlic in a bowl and slowly whisk in 1 cup of canola oil to make an emulsified marinade. Put the lamb in a baking dish or other vessel, pour the marinade over the lamb, and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours or up to 48 hours.
- When ready to cook and serve, prepare a grill for grilling.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, brushing off any marinade solids. Season the chops with salt and pepper and grill them until nicely charred and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium, or a bit longer for more well done. Set the chops aside to rest for 5 minutes while you prepare the mayonnaise sauce.
- To make aioli, put the mayonnaise, anchovies, capers, garlic, Tabasco, and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk them together. Whisk in some room-temperature water, a few drops at a time to this if desired. (This mayonnaise can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days).
- Serve sauce alongside chop and enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Italy or Bust
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More