- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was just playing around with stuff I had on hand and came up with this. It's a keeper!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 TBLS grated gingerroot (about 3 in)
- 1 heaping TBLS tomato paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 TBLS garam masala
- 1 TBLS hot curry powder
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- handful fresh chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef & pork, onion, garlic and gingerroot until meat is thoroughly cooked; drain if desired.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro into meat mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in cilantro.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.