- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt, for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft but not brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the butternut squash, broth, curry powder and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat stir in honey and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt, to taste.
- Ladle into serving bowls and add a dollop of yogurt.
NotesHealthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on the Food Network.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More