- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryHealthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on the Food Network.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt, for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft but not brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the butternut squash, broth, curry powder and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat stir in honey and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with salt, to taste.
- Ladle into serving bowls and add a dollop of yogurt.