- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and chopped
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large sweet onion. Chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 Idaho potato, peeled and chopped (or a few small yukon golds)
- 2 teapoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can light coconut miilk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In a 5-quart soup pot, saute garlic, leeks and onions in olive oil until soft (about 10 minutes). Add cauliflower and potato. Cover with the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender enough to puree. Add curry powder, salt, cumin and ground cloves. Puree until smooth with a hand blender. After pureeing soup, add coconut milk, blend and serve. Makes about 3 quarts of soup.
NotesThis cauliflower soup uses a chicken stock but is sweetened with coconut milk. Feel free to improvise with your spices. Vegetarians can substitute vegetable stock for the chicken.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More