- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 skinkess, bonless chicken breasts, halved
- 3 tbsp · olive oil
- 1 medium · onion, sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp · curry powder
- 1 ¼ tbsp · all purpose flower
- 1 ¼ tbsp · ketchup
- 1 ½ cup · chicken stock
- 2 pears, cut into 1/8 ths unpeeled and cored
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of oil
- Brown chicken on both sides, approx five minutes per side and remove from pan
- Add pears and stir, let cook 2 minutes, remove from pan<
- Add onions and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add curry powder and flour. Stir.
- Add Ketchup and chicken stock, stir, bring to a boil
- Return chicken and pears to pan, coat with sauce, reduce heat to low, and cover and let simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with your favorite sides. Give each plate a nice portion of sauce. Enjoy!
NotesWalking around the grocery store the other day in the vegetable and fruit section, I saw some pears that looked really delicious. Aimy said that she did not like pears, and I thought why not try and see if I can change her mind. After she tried this dish, pears will now become part of her diet. Oh yeah! Every bite of this pairing of pears and chicken is just heavenly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More