- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOne of my favorites in cold weather, this is a great meal in one dish that can be adapted to any taste! My husband and I love it spicy, but you can control the heat if you want by cutting the amount of curry paste.
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder/paste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 box puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and sweat the onion and celery. Add carrots and potatoes and cook about 5 minutes. Add peas, cook another five minutes.
- In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the vegetables and cook out the water. Add the flour and curry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the chicken, salt and pepper. Pour into a shallow baking pan, and top with 6 to 8 circles or strips of puff pastry. Place into the oven and cook until puff pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes