- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder/paste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 box puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and sweat the onion and celery. Add carrots and potatoes and cook about 5 minutes. Add peas, cook another five minutes.
- In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the vegetables and cook out the water. Add the flour and curry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the chicken, salt and pepper. Pour into a shallow baking pan, and top with 6 to 8 circles or strips of puff pastry. Place into the oven and cook until puff pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes
NotesOne of my favorites in cold weather, this is a great meal in one dish that can be adapted to any taste! My husband and I love it spicy, but you can control the heat if you want by cutting the amount of curry paste.