CURRIED CHICKEN-RICE SALAD
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 cups cut-up chicken
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup) red was yummy
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
- Salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
Stir in rice, chicken, celery, bell pepper and pineapple.
Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
Just before serving, line 6 salad plates with salad greens.
Divide salad evenly among plates.
Garnish with tomato wedges.
Calories 310, calories from fat 90, fat g 10, saturated g 2, cholesterol mg 40, sodium mg 270, carbohydrate g 39, dietary figer g 2, protein g 18