- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 cups cut-up chicken
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup) red was yummy
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
- Salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in rice, chicken, celery, bell pepper and pineapple.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, line 6 salad plates with salad greens.
- Divide salad evenly among plates.
- Garnish with tomato wedges.
- Serves 6
- Calories 310, calories from fat 90, fat g 10, saturated g 2, cholesterol mg 40, sodium mg 270, carbohydrate g 39, dietary figer g 2, protein g 18
NotesI can't remember where I got this recipe from. I think it came from one of the Martha Stewart magazines a few years back
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Babette's Test Kitchen
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More