- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 c. light mayo
- 1/4 c. non fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 Tbls. red wine or champagne vinegar
- If not using leftover chicken, season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill, cooking about 4 minutes on each side.
- Chop into 1/2 inch chunks, or shred.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mayo, yogurt, curry, salt and pepper.
- Reserve half of mayo mixture and set aside.
- Add chicken, grapes, and walnuts to medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Add 1 Tbls. mayo mixture, oil, and vinegar to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add greens and toss to coat.
- Divide greens among four plates and top each with equal servings of chicken mixture.
- Reserve leftover mayo mixture in an air tight container. It will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
NotesA great way to use up leftover chicken, or to spice up your usual chicken salad. I use grilled chicken breasts, but you can easily use a good old rotisserie chicken from the market. The leftover mayonnaise mixture makes a fantastic sandwich spread. You can also use it as a marinade for chicken!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Taste of CenturyLink
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More