- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
BackstoryA great way to use up leftover chicken, or to spice up your usual chicken salad. I use grilled chicken breasts, but you can easily use a good old rotisserie chicken from the market. The leftover mayonnaise mixture makes a fantastic sandwich spread. You can also use it as a marinade for chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup. walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 c. light mayo
- 1/4 c. non fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 Tbls. red wine or champagne vinegar
- If not using leftover chicken, season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill, cooking about 4 minutes on each side.
- Chop into 1/2 inch chunks, or shred.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mayo, yogurt, curry, salt and pepper.
- Reserve half of mayo mixture and set aside.
- Add chicken, grapes, and walnuts to medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Add 1 Tbls. mayo mixture, oil, and vinegar to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add greens and toss to coat.
- Divide greens among four plates and top each with equal servings of chicken mixture.
- Reserve leftover mayo mixture in an air tight container. It will keep in the fridge for several weeks.