- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 small diced fresh onion (or frozen equivalent)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (to taste)
- curry to taste (we use A LOT, and usually mix red and yellow)
- 2-3 cans drained chickpeas
- 1 can diced tomatoes (plain, NOT Italian or Mexican)
- 1-2 fresh diced tomatoes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, warm oil and saute onions and garlic, until onion is unfrozen or translucent.
- Add curry to coat the other ingredients and make a oniony, garlicky paste.
- Add chickpeas and all tomatoes and adjust curry levels.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
NotesThis recipe holds a very special place in my heart. My friend Gabe taught this to me a couple years ago, and it became a spiritually nourishing, hearty meal during some difficult times. That same Gabe is now my honey, and we eat this delicious dish several times a month.
This tastes great over rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More