- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 small diced fresh onion (or frozen equivalent)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (to taste)
- curry to taste (we use A LOT, and usually mix red and yellow)
- 2-3 cans drained chickpeas
- 1 can diced tomatoes (plain, NOT Italian or Mexican)
- 1-2 fresh diced tomatoes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, warm oil and saute onions and garlic, until onion is unfrozen or translucent.
- Add curry to coat the other ingredients and make a oniony, garlicky paste.
- Add chickpeas and all tomatoes and adjust curry levels.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
NotesThis recipe holds a very special place in my heart. My friend Gabe taught this to me a couple years ago, and it became a spiritually nourishing, hearty meal during some difficult times. That same Gabe is now my honey, and we eat this delicious dish several times a month.
This tastes great over rice.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More