- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (5.8-ounce) box instant couscous
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Freshly ground pepper
- Stir the couscous, cranberries, curry powder, salt, and sugar together in a heatproof bowl. Bring water (amount will be listed on package directions) to a boil and pour it over the couscous. Add the orange juice. Give it a big stir, cover the bowl tightly and let it stand, giving it a big stir once or twice, until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Add the olive oil, scallions, parsley, lemon juice, and walnuts. Stir around until everything is distributed evenly throughout the couscous. Make up to 2 hours ahead of time and keep at room temperature until you're ready to serve. Check the seasonings just before you serve the salad and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Note: To toast the walnuts, spread them out on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree F oven until they turn a shade darker, about 8 minutes.