- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb. eggplant (about 2 small eggplants, white, Japanese, whatever!)
- Scant 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Heaping teaspoon curry paste (I used Pataks Biryani Curry)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- If your eggplant is nice and firm, you don't need to peel it, otherwise go for it! Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch cubes and toss with salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet.
- Add garlic and curry paste and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add eggplant and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes, until eggplant begins to release some of the absorbed oil.
- Continue to cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes. (As Mark notes, this time may vary depending on your eggplant, so keep an eye on it.)
- Stir in coconut milk and cook another 10 minutes until eggplant is very soft. Adjust seasoning if needed. Serve over rice or with pita, garnished with chopped cilantro.
NotesThis is an incredibly creamy, flavorful, and healthy dish! Serve it over rice or with pita as a meal, or serve alone in small ramekins as an appetizer.
Adapted from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, page 296
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More