- Cooking Time: 100-130
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean lamb, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water, or to cover meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked rice for 4
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat; add lamb and brown, turning frequently.
- Cover lamb with boiling water; add seasonings, celery, onion, parsley.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat with a slotted spoon; strain broth and reserve 2 cups.
- Pour the 2 cups of broth back into skillet over low heat.
- Mix flour with curry powder; stir in cold water, stirring until a smooth paste has formed.
- Blend flour mixture into the reserved stock; cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Add meat mixture.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, garnished with fresh parsley, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More