- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb. lentils (I like to use green French lentils)
- 2 quarts chicken stock or water
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable broth powder if using water
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Seasoned salt to taste
- In a large soup pot, sauté onion, garlic, carrot and celery in oil until tender. Then add lentils and cover with stock or water by 2-3 inches.
- Add spices and simmer over medium heat until lentils are tender (about one hour).
- Stir occasionally and adjust seasoning if needed.
- You may add water if more broth is desired.
NotesThis soup is inspired by my favorite Indian dish, dal. After a day out in the woods, this soup is fabulous! Easy, super quick and delicious!