- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb. lentils (I like to use green French lentils)
- 2 quarts chicken stock or water
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable broth powder if using water
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Seasoned salt to taste
- In a large soup pot, sauté onion, garlic, carrot and celery in oil until tender. Then add lentils and cover with stock or water by 2-3 inches.
- Add spices and simmer over medium heat until lentils are tender (about one hour).
- Stir occasionally and adjust seasoning if needed.
- You may add water if more broth is desired.
NotesThis soup is inspired by my favorite Indian dish, dal. After a day out in the woods, this soup is fabulous! Easy, super quick and delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Christmas CookiesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More