- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- S & P
- 1 T curry powder
- ½ t ground ginger or 1 T fresh ginger
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach or 2 bags of spinach
- ¾ c reduced fat sour cream or ¼ c cream cheese
- 1 package of firm tofu, drained and cut into ½ inch cubes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, 2 t of salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until onion is beginning to brown 5-7 minutes. Add curry powder and ginger: cook stirring until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and 11/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer stirring occasionally until almost all the liquid has evaporated. 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in cour cream and tofu. Cook just to heat, 3-5 minutes. Serve with basmati rice.
NotesSoon to become a favorite, this dish is adapted from EveryDay Food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
My Family CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More