- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 35 min
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas, drained, or 2 cups cooked chickpeas, divided
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes white potatoes or butternut squash
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) unsalted stewed tomatoes, crushed
- 2-3 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) green peas
- Place 1/2 cup of the chickpeas and 1/2 cup of the broth in a blender, and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the remaining chickpeas, the remaining broth, and the potatoes or squash, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatoes with their juice, and curry paste in a 3-quart pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes or squash and the cauliflower are tender.
- Add the peas and the chickpea-broth mixture to the pot, and stir to mix. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 additional minutes, or until the mixture is heated through and the flavors are well blended. Serve hot, ladling the stew over whole wheat couscous, brown rice, or pasta, if desired.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Nick's PicksSee More
Healthy French 'Toast'
Shaker Lemon Pie by Robin SindelarSee More