- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Coarse salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and 1 tablespoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, potato, and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In batches, puree soup in a blender (do not fill more than halfway) until smooth; serve immediately, or let cool, and refrigerate in an airtight container until chilled. Garnish with toasted almonds.
NotesI just love curry. Recipe is in Everyday Food
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
MidLife Road Trip's
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More