- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TB butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 4 TB sour cream
- Fried wonton strips, cilantro and pickled ginger to garnish (optional)
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, lemon juice and curry paste. Add the squash and vegetable stock. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender, or in batches in a blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to heat. Stir in the milk and sour cream and heat through without boiling.
- Garnish with fried wonton strips, cilantro and pickled ginger.
- That simple....and that good!
- When reheating, I added a little bit of coconut milk to thin it out....mmmm.
NotesThis soup is delicious. The flavors are strong and subtle at the same time. Smooth yet lasting. Rich and comforting. Each bite brings out a new dimension. I'm eating a bowl of leftovers as I type and the flavors really pop after mingling for a day or two.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More