- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- * 4 cups frozen vegetable mix, peas, carrots
- * 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- * 3 tablespoons butter
- * 1 cup chopped onion
- * 1 cup chopped celery
- * 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- * 1/2 cup milk
- * 3 tablespoons flour
- * 1 teaspoon curry powder
- * 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- * 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- * 1 package puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss frozen vegetables with canola oil and spread evenly onto a sheet pan. Place into oven and cook until golden brown.
- In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and sweat the onion and celery. In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the celery mix and cook out the water. Add the flour and curry and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the parsley, salt and pepper. Toss the browned vegetables and the chicken. Pour into a shallow baking pan, or a large terra cotta pot base, lined with foil, and top with 6 to 8 circles of puff pastry. Place into the oven and cook until puff pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.