CURRY IN A HURRY
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 C water
- 1 C brown rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
Bring water to a boil in a large pan, add rice, reduce to a simmer and cook 45-50 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large pan.
Add the onion and curry powder and cook until the onion is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the tomatoes, hot sauce, chickpeas and water and and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered about 10-15 minutes.
Website Credit: http://ahealthypassion.com