- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 C water
- 1 C brown rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pan, add rice, reduce to a simmer and cook 45-50 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion and curry powder and cook until the onion is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, hot sauce, chickpeas and water and and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered about 10-15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More