- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 C water
- 1 C brown rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pan, add rice, reduce to a simmer and cook 45-50 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion and curry powder and cook until the onion is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, hot sauce, chickpeas and water and and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered about 10-15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More