- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 2/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, cook the onion until soft about 8 to 10 minutes. Add curry powder and paprika, cook for 1 minute more. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato ketchup. Add sugar, red wine vinegar and salt; stir well. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened about 25 minutes. Purée sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Serve hot over sausage. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
NotesCurry is huge in Berlin, but not because of Indian restaurants. When the residents of Berlin think curry they mean currywurst which are sliced pork sausages covered with a special sauce and more curry and is eaten with french fries or brötchen (rolls). Currywurst is the new fast food of Berlin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More